Residence repair loans assist low-income homeowners pay for required and repairs that are critical. Our objective is always to expel unhealthy or dangerous conditions, eiminate barriers to accessibility, enhance security for individuals with real disabilities and energy that is incorporate measures that reduce power expenses and use.
We provide loans to low-income homeowners for required and critical house repairs and tiny funds to low-income individuals with disabilities to produce their houses more available. Loans and funds now available and limits that are income down the page.
Fill in an inquiry to discover if you’re qualified!
For low-income people with physical disabilities to enhance access and security (some tenants is almost certainly not qualified): Accessibility funds
For low-income property owners: Home Fix Loans
For those who have other quesitons, e-mail us or call 503-655-8591.
How exactly does the Housing Rehabilitation Program work?
This program provides low-interest loans and funds to simply help property owners in Clackamas County repair their houses and improve accessibility.
Steps to get a true house repair loan or accessibility grant:
- Complete a on-line inquiry or phone our workplace for help. If it seems perhaps you are qualified we’re going to include one to the waiting list. Whenever capital is present, we shall give you a page. Then apply if you are still interested, you may.
- We are going to review your determine and application eligibility.
- In the event that you qualify, a Rehab Advisor will inspect your home to ascertain just just what repairs are required. Safety and health things really are a concern.
- You shall request bids from contractors of one’s choice. A listing of interested contractors can be obtained for the convenience.
- Your Rehab Advisor will help you through the entire construction procedure.
Low-income homeowners (and renters that are eligible with real disabilities are entitled to a grant as much as $5,000 to pay for the expense of enhancing access and security. Types of qualified improvements: wheelchair ramps, handrails and widened doorways, home or restroom accessibility improvements such as for example roll-in showers, raised toilets and grab pubs. (For tenants in apartments, at the least 51 % associated with the devices within the framework must certanly be occupied by low-income households. )
Residence Fix Loans
|solitary Purpose wellness or security product just. Examples: water/well, septic/sewer, heat or roof. Main temperature supply just — woodstoves & pellet stoves are thought a heat source that is secondary. (No equity needed. )
|Outside Repairs Examples: Roof/Gutters, Paint, Weatherization, Windows/Doors, Foundation. (Credit and equity demands apply. )
|Complete Repairs Complete house repairs must satisfy Community developing rehab standards.
Fundamental loan demands
House should be located in Clackamas County and must certanly be looking for fix
Deferred Payment Loan (DPL) terms
Minimal 3percent per year simple interest. Re Payments are deferred — no payments that are monthly. Deferred so long as home owner everyday lives in house, or until sold, name transported, refinance, or modification of good use. Loans are guaranteed by lien on property.
Present yearly income that is gross effective June 28, 2019
Your family’s yearly gross income must be not as much as 80% of this County’s median earnings, as dependant on HUD. The current limitations that apply to loans and funds are shown below.
|Annual Gross money (maximum)
We’re presently soliciting for contractors who could be thinking about bidding on projects into the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program. Contractors on our list should be certified, fused and registered because of the continuing State of Oregon Construction Contractors Board while having experience with housing rehabilitation.
We don’t suggest or endorse any contractors. Contractors from the HUD debarred list aren’t qualified to use.
If you should be enthusiastic about working with our system, please finish the specialist information application and return to your office. Please include copies of your CCB registration, insurance coverage certificates and certifications of certain trades, including asbestos or paint that is lead-based.
Applications and documents that are supporting be mailed to: Clackamas County Community developing, 2051 Kaen Rd., STE 245, Oregon City, Oregon 97045; Faxed to 503-655-8563; or emailed.
You may call County Rehab Specialists, Jayson Tidland or Mike Woolman at 503-655-8591 if you have any questions or need additional information.
- Applicant must possess or perhaps purchasing home and should be in name
- Owner must reside in home
- Home fees needs to be present
- Applicant should have adequate equity
- Loans for outside repairs need that the outside of homes be brought up to HUD’s Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and Clackamas County’s minimal rehab standards.
- Loans for a purpose that is single limited by one wellness or security product just.
- All work should be done by Oregon-licensed and bonded contractors.
- Manufactured domiciles in areas usually do not be eligible for that loan. (OK for an Accessibility Grant. )